September 16, 2019
CARING FOR PEARLS
With proper care, the natural beauty of pearls can be enjoyed for generations.
Please consider the following advice when caring for pearls:
- Some chemicals may harm pearls. Wait until after applying makeup, perfume and hair products before putting on pearl jewelry.
- Wipe pearl jewellery with a pearl chamois or soft cloth before putting it away.
- Store pearl jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth to protect it from rubbing against harder gems or abrasive objects.
- Occasionally clean your pearls gently with a cloth dipped in alcohol diluted with warm water or in mild soapy water. Rinse the cloth in freshwater and wipe pearls clean. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Strands will require restringing from time to time, depending on how often they are worn. It is advisable to seek guidance on restringing from your Australian South Sea pearl supplier.
Leave a comment