With proper care, the natural beauty of pearls can be enjoyed for generations.
Please consider the following advice when caring for pearls:
- Some chemicals may harm pearls. Wait until after applying makeup, perfume and hair products before putting on pearl jewelry.
- Wipe pearl jewellery with a pearl chamois or soft cloth before putting it away.
- Store pearl jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth to protect it from rubbing against harder gems or abrasive objects.
- Occasionally clean your pearls gently with a cloth dipped in alcohol diluted with warm water or in mild soapy water. Rinse the cloth in freshwater and wipe pearls clean. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Strands will require restringing from time to time, depending on how often they are worn. It is advisable to seek guidance on restringing from your Australian South Sea pearl supplier.